- 4Sleep mattress is truly built to perfection to provide the ultimate comfort and support!
- The Cover is a blend of polyester, lycra, and viscose. The thin cover is breathable and allows the memory foam underneath to properly react to your body movements.
- It is available in a medium-firm mattress. The advantages of the medium-firm mattress are that it proves to be comfortable for both soft sleepers as well as firm sleepers.
- The medium firm memory foam mattress is built to serve all types of sleeping positions be it the stomach, side, or back sleepers. This mattress is great for couples with varying preferences for sleeping positions.
Get $100 off your 4Sleep Mattress as our reader!
Hours of Lab
Detailed 4Sleep Mattress Review
Most mattresses that sell out of retail stores are sold at high markups since they involve so many middlemen and of course, each man must make their profit. I do understand that each looks for their own profit, but what about those poor buyers who are looted every day over mattresses made with cheap materials at prices as high as $4000?
I refused to be a victim of such a vicious cycle and so I came upon a new type of mattress store: the online 4Sleep mattress store. All mattresses here are made factory fresh on order and delivered right to your doorstep without any middlemen in the process. The mattress plant is located in the USA managed by a team with over 20 years of experience.
Although the mattress brand itself is new, however, the makers of the mattresses are anything but. The company makes cutting-edge memory foam mattresses that provide both comfort and support.
When I noticed my husband started waking up with a stiffer back every morning, I realize there must be something wrong with my mattress.
One peaceful night and a pain-free morning at a hotel room and all was clear, we needed a new mattress. So, while my husband went out to work on his 9 to 5 job, I took up the job of searching for a new mattress, one that provided all the necessary comfort and support.
I soon discovered the world of memory foam mattresses and was pleased to note the many reviews about how memory foam mattresses were a great help for anyone suffering from spinal problems. I quickly discovered the 4Sleep to be one of the leading pioneers in the arch and development of the memory foam technology
I decided to give them a whirl since I could always refund it back in 100 days if I did not like it. I placed an order for the King version and soon, within 4 days, the mattress was at my doorstep.
The movers were very timely and I was glad to have my mattress on my bed soon. The moment I sat on the edge, I was surprised at how it did not compress under my excessive weight. Since then, my husband has been sleeping better and is really cheery in the mornings rather than groggy and angry.
The experience has been better for me as well, as I perspire a lot at the night. The mattress effectively wicks away any moisture and keeps my body cool.
The mattress is truly built to perfection to provide the ultimate comfort and support!
Construction ( Cover & Layers )
Their memory foam mattresses are literally built for the perfect and restful sleep. Memory foam mattresses are an innovative find of the century where the foam is designed to react and readjust to the user’s body. However, the main issues with the memory foam mattresses are that they render the feelings of “being trapped” and “sleeping hot”. The 4Sleep are built layer by layer, where each layer effectively eliminates the aforementioned issues.
The 4Sleep is built out of a total of 4 layers. The first layer is a gel memory foam that conforms to the body and provides pressure relief. The second and third layer provides the mattress with a much-needed bounce while the base layer provides firm support to the upper layers as well as the user’s body. It is constructed with an edge layer as well.
The 4Sleep is constructed for the ultimate support and comfort and has the following layers:
The Cover is a blend of polyester, lycra, and viscose. The thin cover is breathable and allows the memory foam underneath to properly react to your body movements.
- 1.5-inch Gel Memory Foam – The first layer in the series is a 1.5-inch Gel Memory Foam. The gel provides cooling properties to the mattress and contributes to the overall breathability of the foam. This layer is responsible for pressure support as well.
- 1.5-inch Polyurethane Foam and 1-inch foam – Memory foams tend to take some time to revert back to their original shape once the pressure is removed. This results in a decreased bounce. These layers work together to provide the mattress with some bounce to it so you do not get that sinking feeling associated with most other memory foam mattresses.
- 7 inch Base Foam – This layer is dense firm support for all the above layers. It supports the user as well and is what makes the mattress so durable in its lifetime.
- 2.5 inch Edge Support Layer – This layer provides edge support to the mattress and enables users to sleep at the edge of the mattress without rolling off.
Firmness & Edges support
It is available in a medium-firm mattress. The advantages of the medium-firm mattress are that it proves to be comfortable for both soft sleepers as well as firm sleepers. The medium-firm mattress has a luxury hotel mattress vibe to it. The top layer is soft and gives way to the firmer layers at the bottom.
The second and third layers add a bounciness that makes it easy for you to move across the mattress and not feel stuck in it. I found the firmness to be just right for both my husband and me since he is a firm sleeper and I am more of a soft sleeper, so this proved to be great for both of us.
Edge Support –
The mattress has a specifically designed edge support system that provides the same support at the edge of the mattress as its middle. Normally, with my old mattress, lying or sitting on the edge would result in a lot of sags. However, with this mattress, I have yet to see any compression or sagging at the edges.
This is great for couples who have smaller beds and tend to roll off the bed due to compression at the edges.
Motion Transfer & Sleeping Suitability
Motion Transfer –
When sleeping with my husband, I tended to note how often he tossed around in his sleep. The more painful his back got, the more restless he got in the night. This tended to disturb me a lot. The Mattress has completely eradicated this problem by completely preventing any motion from transferring through.
The second and third layer is dense enough to absorb any motion without transferring it across the mattress. I shall be glad to note that the mattress is a perfect balance of ‘bouncy enough to move’ and ‘dense enough to prevent motion transfer’.
Sleeping Position Suitability –
As I mentioned before my husband prefers a firmer mattress, this is because he is a stomach sleeper and does not like any pressure on his internal organs while I prefer a softer mattress as I sleep on my sides and hate it when the mattress digs into my shoulders and hips.
The medium firm memory foam mattress is built to serve all types of sleeping positions be it the stomach, side, or back sleepers. This mattress is great for couples with varying preferences for sleeping positions.
The Mattress Is Best For You If
- Require a king, queen, twin, full, twin XL or a California King Sized bed.
- Require a Mattress that gives you a sufficient amount of trial period.
- Require a Medium comfort level mattress.
- Sleep with a partner who tosses and turns a lot.
- Are budget-conscious but refuse to compromise on quality.
- Are sensitive sleeper and require no motion transfer in your mattress?
- Are allergic and require an anti-microbial and allergen-free cover.
- Require an eco-friendly mattress.
- Want a long warranty term.
- Require friendly return policies.
- Suffer from chronic back or neck pain and stiffness.
- Perspire a lot during the night and require a mattress that provides breathability.
- Want a lot of edge support.
- Want a mattress that allows you to sink into it without making you feel trapped inside it.
- Want good bounce on the mattress while staying firm at the same time.
- Want a durable mattress that will not sag throughout the years.
Endy Mattress Size & Price
Their Mattresses are available in 6 sizes. These sizes are King, Queen, Full, Twin, Twin XL, and California King. I was initially dumbstruck at the cheap prices of the mattresses and then a little skeptical. Something this cheap cannot be good, right? Wrong!
The 4Sleep have stayed true to their name and proved that they really are built for better sleep. The prices range starts at $549. This is exceptionally low when you compare it to other retail branded mattresses that start from anywhere around $1000.
The Prices Are As Below
Sr Size Dimension Weight
1. Twin 39 x 75 x 11 inches 45 lbs
2. Twin XL 39 x 80 x 11 inches 45 lbs
3. Full 54 x 75 x 11 inches 67 lbs
4. Queen 60 x 80 x 11 inches 81 lbs
5. King 60 x 80 x 11 inches 102 lbs
6. California King 60 x 80 x 11 inches 102 lbs
Warranty, Shipping & Delivery
I was pleased to note that they deliver free to your doorstep without any additional charges. They use FedEx Services and delivery is done within an amazingly short period of 3-5 days. You can also set a custom date for delivery by calling them.
I was a bit skeptical about the cheap prices of the mattress at first, however, I bought it solely because the company offered to return the mattress within 100 days if I did not like it. Needless to say, I did not need to return it. The trial period ensures the customers are fully satisfied and if not, they can have the opportunity to return the mattress for a full refund.
Warranty – When investing in an expensive mattress, I need some surety that the mattress will be durable and reliable. So when I heard about 4Sleep offered 10 years of warranty, I instantly clicked the ‘Shop Now’ button. The company will gladly repair or return any mattresses that are deemed defective due to poor workmanship or damage during the warranty period.
The warranty only extends to the original purchaser of the product and does not cover any normal increase in the softness of the mattress or normal body indentations.
Why Should You Have To Buy 4Sleep Mattress?
When browsing through the online 4Sleep store, I found many aspects of the mattress beyond extraordinary as compared to retail branded ones. The 4Sleep offers you a choice from a total of 6 sizes with a medium level of firmness. The medium firmness level serves truly in the essence of “one fits all”.
Another winning quality of the mattress is its amazing edge support capable of sustaining any pressure at the edges.
The mattress company has developed their own gel for their memory foam mattresses to regulate the body temperature and help you to ‘sleep cool’.
The mattresses are specifically designed to prevent your body from sinking into the mattress, which is a common issue with most memory foam mattresses. They also provide orthopedic support to the spine by evenly distributing weight throughout the surface of the body.
The thing that caught my eye was free shipping! Most retail brands and even other online companies charge at least $100 for shipping the mattress, however, I was pleased to note that the 4Sleep delivered right to your doorstep for no additional charges. The company also provides 100 nights of the free trial as well as a 10-year warranty to ensure your trust in them is well-placed.
If that is not enough to get you running to their website to order your own mattress, I don’t know what will!
Also, Read Our More Mattress Reviews