Amerisleep AS3 Mattress Overview
- Amerisleep is a famous bed in a box company
- All the mattresses are certified eco-friendly and of premium quality.
- Best quality material is used in manufacturing which is clinically tested and FDA-Determined.
- They have a range of 5 different types of mattresses which are from both soft and firm on the quality scale.
Get $100 off on Amerisleep AS3 as our reader
Hours of Lab
Detailed Amerisleep AS3 Mattress Review
This review is going to be on the Amerisleep AS3 mattress from the series of Amerisleep.
The company display name of this mattress is Liberty. This mattress is designed so smartly that it accommodates almost all the sleepers.
This makes it the most popular amongst all other mattresses. It is average in firmness and gives you a supporting feel when you rest your body on it.
It has an amazing motion control response, if your sleeping partner keeps on changing positions all night this will be a very considerable option for you since it will adjust according to their sleeping position plus it will not disturb your sleep during the body changes by restricting the motion transfer on your side of the mattress.
Different Types of Amerisleep Mattresses
The 5 Amerisleep mattresses are listed below!
- Amerisleep AS1 known as the Americana
- Amerisleep AS2 known as the Reverse
- Amerisleep AS3 known as the Liberty
- Amerisleep AS4 known as the Colonial
- Amerisleep AS5 known as the Independence
Below is a slight comparison of all the above-mentioned mattresses based on their distinctive features
- Amerisleep AS1 ( Americana ) is the firmest and the shortest of them all. It is a double-layered mattress featuring one comfortable layer of 4 PCF memory foam and a 1.8 PCF polyfoam layer which builds up the core. It is light in weight and can take up to 130 lbs of sleeper’s weight. Recommended for back and stomach sleepers rather than side sleepers.
- Amerisleep AS2 ( Reverse ) this mattress has 3 layers in total. The top layer is a 4 PCF memory foam serving the comfort purpose. A top layer of 1.65 PCF Surface Modification Technology polyfoam and a bottom layer of 1.8 PCF polyfoam makes up the supporting layers of the mattress. The mattress has minimized the noise during motion transfer providing a non-disturbed sleep to its customers. It is ideal for heavy sleepers who weight greater than 230 lbs.
- Amerisleep AS3 ( Liberty ) a single layer of 4 PCF memory foam with a 1.65 polyfoam supporting core of a contoured Surface Modification Technology and a 1.8 PCF polyfoam bottom. This mattress tends to degrade faster than that of memory foam. Moreover, it is not noisy when weight is on it. It can bear up to 23 lbs. weight of a back sleeper. The people who sleep on their backs are recommended to sleep on this.
- Amerisleep AS4 ( Colonial ) features a 4 inches layer of PCF memory foam which builds the comfort layer. The supporting core has a top layer of 1.65 polyfoams ( Surface Modification Technology) and a bottom layer of 1.8 PCF polyfoam. This mattress steals the show with a 5-star rating when it comes to noise-making during bearing weight but complains about off-gassing are recorded. Although the customers have noticed the smells disappears in no time. It is recommended for people who sleep on their side and weight below 230 lbs on average.
- Amerisleep AS5 ( Independence ) has two comfortable layers unlike any other mattress, a top layer of 4 PCF memory foam and a 3 PCF polyfoam on the bottom layer. There is a 1.65 polyfoam top layer of contoured Surface Modification Technology and a 1.8 PCF polyfoam bottom layer. All these layers add to the thickness of the foam making it the thickest in all the mattresses and the double layers in the comfort system make it the softest of all. This mattress does target the sore areas of the sleeper’s body and release the pain. It is recommended for people who weigh between 130 lbs to 230 lbs.
Construction (Cover & Layers)
The Amerisleep AS3 is a perfect blend of unique layers that combine to impart the outstanding properties to the mattress.
All Amerisleep mattresses are manufactured in the US and by using all US derived products. I will be pleased to note that their factories follow standard control procedures to ensure the best quality products.
Their Approach to Design:
The unique design of the AS3 effectively eliminates many of the problems with traditional memory foams:
- Eco-Friendly: The mattresses are manufactured to be eco-friendly. Most memory foam mattresses cause off-gassing and the production of Volatile Organic Compounds which can harm you and the environment. The AS3 produces no off-gassing and has no “new mattress” smell.
- Superior Contouring: Most memory foam mattresses conform to your body by letting it sink into the mattress. This makes the user feel trapped. I have to say, the Amerisleep only contours and conforms to your body shape and does not make you feel trapped.
- Better Breathability: The open cell structure used in the AS3 Bio PUR memory foam allows air to pass through without causing you to sweat heavily in the night.
- Deep Rest: The AS3 is also equipped to provide you with deep restorative sleep that will leave you undisturbed and healed throughout the night.
The Amerisleep AS3 surprised me when I viewed the intense structure of the mattress. The mattress has a total of 3 layers and an extremely functional cover. The total height of the mattress is 12 inches. The details are discussed below as:
When viewing the mattress, one usually neglects to look at the cover. The only reason we might even consider the mattress cover is because of aesthetic reasons. However, you would be surprised to find out that the Amerisleep AS3 Cover is equipped with a high-performance Celliant material.
Celliant is an innovative technology that is constructed out of 13 different Thermo-reactive minerals. These minerals help the mattress keep cool by reflecting all heat away from the mattress. This makes the mattress seem cool to touch.
The cover incorporates Spandex as well, which makes the cover stretchable and thus would not bunch together,
Aesthetically, the cover is white with an indented dotted pattern and is attached to the plain royal blue cover.
Firmness /Feel /Bounce & Edges support
Firmness – The mattress is rated to be 5 on the scale of 1 to 10 and this is perfect for most of the sleepers. It provides the body support whenever it is needed but it does not let your body sink in so body movement is not restricted and there is no feeling of being caged. The level of sinkage does depend on the weight that is being put on the layers. Moreover, the position of the sleeper does affect the sinkage factor too.
Feel – The mattress feels a little softer when you first push into it, however, it quickly contours and provides the necessary support. The cover is cool to touch. It is recommended for side sleepers rather than the stomach sleepers as it is not firm enough to provide them a comfortable position and to give flat and neutral support to the spine.
Bounce – The transition layer gives it a much-needed bounce. This makes it more comfortable to sleep in and you can easily move around on the bed.
Edge Support- Just like all the other memory foams, Amerisleep AS3 does not have enough edge support so it is easy for short heightened, and heavyweight sleepers to curl into bed. And when it comes to getting out one’s body easily does slips off and you conveniently land on the floor in no time.
Having not enough support does not mean that there is no support at all. The little support lets one’s body to rest on the mattress which is justifiable.
Motion Transfer & Sleeping Suitability
Motion Transfer – Liberty has amazing motion control. The layers isolate most of the movements and jerks and do not interrupt the sleep of the partner.
People who make up with any slight move on their mattress should invest in Amerisleep AS3 because it traps the movements and there is no disturbance at all.
Sleeping Position Suitability- This product of Amerisleep mattresses is specifically designed to accommodate every type of sleeper be it stomach sleepers, side sleepers, or back sleepers.
Moreover, sleepers who keep on changing their positions overnight should also look into buying this mattress. The body contouring quality makes it a good choice for them as pressure relief takes place and combines to provide you a comfortable sleep.
Endy Mattress Size & Price
When visiting most other brick and mortar stores, you are bound to come across sizing problems. Most cheaper mattress companies sell sizes that do not measure up to their advertised dimensions.
If not that, you would find that they do not have the size of the mattress you desire. Shopping online effectively eliminates this problem. All mattresses are manufactured when the user clicks ‘Shop' hence, all sizes are readily available at the Amerisleep mattress.
The full details on the sizing and price are given below:
38” x 74”
38” x 80”
54” x 75”
60” x 80”
76” x 80”
72” x 84”
38” x 80” — 2
Warrenty & Other Information
Warranty – The Amerisleep Mattress provides its users with a warranty of 20 years. When comparing with other mattresses, you will find out that most other companies only provide users with 10 years of warranty.
This pales in comparison to the Amerisleep. The whopping 20 years of warranty ensures you have a stable investment in your mattress and can rest assured knowing any problems will be tackled appropriately.
The company will replace or repair any damage or defect that happens in the mattress within the warranty term. This ensures great customer service which is to be expected from a quality-conscious company such as Amerisleep.
The Warranty is divided into two parts:
- First Ten Years of Warranty: This warranty is a full replacement warranty. During this period, the company will determine whether there are any relevant defects or damages to your mattress. The company will replace or repair any damages that are covered by a limited warranty.
- Last Ten Years of Warranty: This warranty is a prorated warranty. If any damages or defects covered by the warranty occur, the company will replace the mattress. However, the replacement will be at the cost of 50 percent of the original price. The company will also charge shipping fees as well as prorating fees.
What does the Warranty Cover?
These warranty terms are:
- Any manufacturing defect like stitching coming apart or cracking of the mattress.The deterioration in the cell structure of the mattress materials that causes the mattress to have a visible indentation greater than three-quarters of an inch (0.75″).
- Amerisleep mattresses should be used on a plank of solid wood, non-spring, completely flat foundation, or bed platform.
- A box spring is only allowed to be used with at least a three-quarter inch (0.75”) sheet of moisture-resistant plywood placed over the entire box spring.
- If you are using a slatted base, the slats must be no greater than three inches (3”)
- Insufficient substitutions for this material, improper foundations, platforms, box springs, or other bases that the mattress is placed on will void your Amerisleep mattress warranty and all other warranties expressed or implied.
- All warranties will not apply if the mattress, foundation, or cover has been damaged, physically abused, burned, saturated with moisture, cut, or torn.
It is extremely necessary to know about the warranty policy of the mattress company. In case of any defects, many folks are ignorant about the warranty and chose to live with the defect without knowing that it can be easily repaired.
Trial: The Amerisleep company offers you a 100 nights risk-free trial to help you find out if the mattress is right for you. When using memory foam mattresses, you need some time to get adjusted to how they feel.
You might initially feel a bit trapped or congested. A week or two on the mattress is necessary if you want to find out the true potential of any mattress. The trial period at Amerisleep helps you do just that.
It offers you a chance to check out the comfort level of the mattress and helps you ensure the mattress is the right one for you. Don’t like the mattress? Simply return it at no extra restocking fees.
When does your Trial Start?
Well, most of the mattress companies trick you by offering a said 100 nights of the trial. But, their trial starts as soon as your order. So, most of the trial period is spent in the shipping, However, the Amerisleep trial period starts from the day it arrives at your doorstep.
If you ordered a base from the same company for the mattress, then your trial period will start when both the products have arrived.
However, the company does require you to wait at least 30 days to get adjusted before claiming returns. I found it eccentric that such a huge corporation could care so much about its customers.
One of the most amazing things about the Amerisleep?
It offers free shipping! I was grateful for not having to spend hundreds of dollars just to get my product. Most other companies charge up to $100 just for shipping. The shipping is free inside the US and is done through FedEx which has been in the delivery game for years. They ship to your doorstep in a matter of 5-7 business days.
The FedEx movers, however, do not fix the mattress to your bed, neither do they ship it up to your bedroom. The company does not offer white glove delivery services because the mattresses are shipped compressed in a box and are easy to take up to the bedroom. The volume is greatly reduced, so they are small and can be easily carried.
These mattresses do not require a signature. You can easily leave the house and have someone else accept the package for you without worrying about the formalities.
So, all in all, you can expect your mattress to arrive in about a week. You will receive a tracking order to notify you of the time. Don't worry if you have to leave and cannot receive the package, as they do not ship Signature Required. The company ships all over the US and even internationally.
Amerisleep was founded in 2007. Its sister company AstraBeds, which manufactures latex mattresses, was launched the same year.
Corporate Address – 7167 E. Rancho Vista Drive, Suite 137
Scottsdale, AZ 85251-1496 https://www.amerisleep.com
Why Should You Have To Buy it?
Buying Amerisleep AS3 will be the best decision of your life. Why do you ask? If the following details do not convince you, I do not know what will:
- Eco-Friendly: If you are one to fuss about the environment, then you can rest assured. This mattress is manufactured right here in the US. The manufacturing process is extremely eco-friendly. The VPF process is proof of the process's environment-friendly policies. Their company proudly boasts about producing cleaner air than they start with.
- Cool to Touch: The mattress effectively eliminates any trapped body heat using its Bio PUR Memory foam. The Bio PUR memory foam is developed with an open cell structure which allows sufficient air to pass through. I must say, the mattress helps you sleep cool and comfortable.
- 100 Trial Nights: Perhaps, the best part is that the company offers you 100 trial nights. This means you can essentially try out the mattress and how comfortable you are with it. If you find the mattress does not meet your requirements, the company will refund the mattress for the full price.
- Warranty: The company offers a warranty period of up to 20 years. And that's an ideal period for a good quality mattress to last for because after so many years it is usually time to change and buy a new mattress to sleep on.
- Variety of Sizes: The mattress comes in a wide variety of sizes including the Twin, Twin XL, Queen, Full, King, and California King. The mattress comes with a split king option as well. The exact measurements of all these sizes are mentioned above in a table.
- Suitable for any Frame: The mattress is suitable for any frame, be it flat or slatted, boxspring, adjustable base, or even the floor.
- Orthopedic Technology: The mattress features orthopedic technology that relieves the back and neck pressure and reduces said pressure points. It is excellent for you if you have any spinal troubles.
Amerisleep AS3 Review - Conclusion
The Amerisleep AS3 is one of the most luxurious yet affordable mattresses out on the market. The mattress is perfect for side sleepers, stomach sleepers as well as back sleepers.
It is for all those who love the perfect balance of support and comfort. Its 20-year warranty and the variety of features make it one of the best mattresses.
The Amerisleep AS3 mattress company offers you six different sizes i.e King, Queen, Cal King, Full, Twin and Twin XL.
The 12 inches in height, as well as the medium comfort level, provide the user with the ultimate comfort and support.
The unique blend of countless layers allows the sleeper a cool and comfortable sleep. These layers tend to makes the mattress, cooler, breathable, supportive, pressure-relieving and durable.
The 100 nights trial period and 20-year warranty will bring you peace of mind that your investment is safe!
Also, Read Our More Mattress Reviews