- Simba mattresses support sleepers with body-cushioning comfort layers of memory foam, latex, and mini coils.
- High-density support foam minimizes sagging and sinkage.
- Simba offers free shipping.
Get $200 off on Simba Mattress
- Eve has an additional anti-slip layer which is super comfy for all kinds of sleepers.
- Eve cover breathable than all other mattresses.
- Good for backache and joints pain.
Get $200 off on Eve Mattress
Simba vs Eve: Quick Overview
Simba vs Eve mattress are both UK based brands and offer a “Bed-in-a-box” mattress option to its customers. Both the brands are well-established and have been able to make a reputable brand image over time. Simba and Eve both sell their mattresses online.
The Simba mattress was found in 2002 and has been successfully operating ever since. It was founded in a thread shop and it has managed to sell over a million mattresses since it started its operations. Over the years, Simba has been successful in securing a top position amongst the UK mattress brands. The Simba mattress is designed to provide the sleepers with a comfortable sleep. The current hybrid model of the mattress is made of memory foam and individual pocket springs comprising of five layers. This is to ensure a comfortable sleep.
Eve Original Mattress
The Eve mattress claims to provide a mattress that is perfect for every individual. It has been designed in a way that it proves to be perfect for every kind of sleeper. The Eve mattress was found in 2014 after years of research and testing. In a very short period, Eve has been able to establish a successful brand image and is now counted in the top mattress brands in the UK. The Eve mattress is made of five layers of memory foam to provide a comfortable sleep experience.
Simba and Eve both provide quite similar types of mattresses. There are few differences between the two and they will be discussed later in the article.
Also, Read Complete Eve Mattress Review
Simba vs Eve Mattress Comparison
Memory foam with Pocket springs
Single, double, king, emperor and EU sizes
Single, double, king, emperor and EU sizes
Sibma vs Eve: Pros & Cons
Eve The Original
The Eve mattress provides a good value for money. The mattress is good for all kinds of sleepers and this has also led to the popularity of the brand over a short period. The Eve mattress has a wide range of sizes and it aims to provide its customers with the ultimate sleep experience. The cover of the mattress is made of very breathable material and it is heat resistant. As the mattress is made of a standard firmness, it also helps to release joint pain. The Eve mattress is also the best for those sleepers who want memory foam mattress and a firm mattress at the same time. It is best suited for individuals with medium weight. The Eve mattress also costs a bit less when compared with Simba.
One of the cons of the Eve mattress is that it might be quite firm for the first few days of use. Another problem with the Eve mattress is the minor off-gassing smell in the first few days of use. Another con of the Eve mattress is the yellow sides of the cover as they may show through the bedding.
The Simba mattress provides a balanced feel to the sleepers. The Simba mattress is made of hybrid micro coils that help to provide support to the whole mattress. Due to these micro-coils, the Simba mattress has excellent edge support. The Simba mattress has good bounce, great motion isolation, and minimal off-gassing. This means that sleepers do not have to experience off-gassing smell during the first few nights of use. The Simba mattress is very good for back and side sleepers as it provides great body contour.
There are no such problems with the Simba mattress. However, as the mattress falls on the more soft side on the firmness scale, it might not be good for individuals who want a more firm mattress.
Type of Sleeper Is Best Suited for?
Eve The Original Mattress
The Eve mattress is rated to be 6.5-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. The sleepers who want a memory foam mattress with a more firm feel are recommended to use the Eve mattress.
The Eve mattress is also best for individuals who are of medium weight as it gives the perfect feel to the medium weight sleepers.
The Eve mattress is best for sleepers who want a medium-firm feel. Individuals who want to experience a balanced feel should also opt for the Eve mattress.
The combination of memory foam and polyfoam does not allow the mattress to sink too much. The mattress is slightly firm and also provides a light push back which is good for stomach sleepers.
On the other hand, the Simba mattress is recommended to sleepers who want a medium to medium-firm feel for their mattress.
The Simba mattress is rated to be 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale which makes it be on a more soft side. The Simba mattress is also recommended to sleepers who want a hybrid mattress.
Micro coils are used in the construction of this mattress that provides the mattress with better support. It is for the sleepers who want a better body contour.
Simba mattress is also good for individuals who want good edge support in their mattress. Overall, the Simba mattress is recommended to side sleepers and back sleepers.
Simba vs Eve: Cover & Layers
The Simba mattress is made up of 4 layers. The 4 layers Simba mattress is called a hybrid as both memory foam and polyfoam are used in its construction.
The mattress is also called a hybrid as small coils are used in the construction. The Simba mattress is made up of a combination of different materials which include memory foam, micro-coils, support foam, and latex foam.
All these elements work together to provide the ultimate comfort, feel and support to the mattress.
The cover of the Simba mattress is made of 100% polyester. The design of the cover is quite sleek and elegant.
The white top with grey borders provides the mattress with quite a decent look. The cover is made of thin polyester and has the required stretch in it.
The cover of the mattress does not absorb heat which allows the top temperature of the mattress to remain cool. The cover of the mattress is removable and washable. The cover can be easily removed due to its elasticity.
- The topmost layer of the Simba Hybrid mattress is also called the comfort of the cooling layer. This layer is 5 cm thick and it is made up of latex foam. This layer makes sure to keep the top of the mattress cool and does not trap any heat. It also provides the mattress with the feel and comfort which plays the most important role in the mattress.
- The second layer of the mattress is also called the contour layer. This layer is 2 cm thick. This layer is made up of micro coils that are encased in foam. This is the layer that makes the Simba mattress hybrid. This micro-coil layer provides the mattress with the bounce. This layer is the reason that sleepers feel a slight hug and contour while sleeping on the mattress. The micro-coils provide the right body contour and also contribute the edge support which is a problem in most of the bed-in-a-box mattress options.
- The third layer of the mattress is also called the support layer. This layer is 3 cm thick. This layer of the mattress is made of memory foam and it is responsible for the structure, transition, and support of the mattress. This layer also to relieve the body pressure of the sleepers. It is also responsible for deep compression and support.
- The fourth and final layer of the Simba mattress is called the foundation layer. This layer of the mattress is made from support foam. This layer is 15 cm thick and it is responsible for the foundational support and structure of the mattress. This layer helps to support the above layers and it also helps the mattress to retain its shape.
Eve The Original Mattress
The Eve mattress is made up of three layers comprising of different types of memory foams. These foams ensure the comfort and good sleep of every type of sleeper.
The mattress is made of different forms that include latex foam, memory foam and the support foam. The combination is to make sure that the sleepers get the ultimate sleep experience.
The height of the mattress is 24 cm. the Eve mattress is only made of foam and does not have any micro coils like the Simba mattress. This means that the Eve mattress is solely a memory foam mattress.
On the other hand, the cover of the Eve mattress is also made of 100% polyester. The cover of Eve is also elastic and breathable.
The top of the cover is white with grid stitching on it that provides the mattress with a decent look. The side panels of the mattress are bright yellow and the fabric used on the sides are quite stiff.
The yellow sides of the mattress provide it with a unique look but that it is also quite bold for a mattress. The cover of the mattress is removable as it has a zipper on aside. The cover is also washable. However, one disadvantage of the cover is the bright yellow sides as they may show through light-colored bedding, for example, white.
- The topmost layer of the Eve mattress is also called the Comfort layer. This layer of the mattress is made of 4 cm thick memory foam. This layer provides the mattress with its feel and texture. Moreover, this layer is the reason due to which the mattress is suitable for every individual. This layer helps to provide initial support and pressure relief. This layer is also responsible for initial body contour and a comfortable feel.
- The second layer of the mattress is also called the support or the pressure relief layer. This layer is 3.5 cm in thickness and it is made of polyurethane foam. This is a layer that plays the main role in pressure relief. This layer does not only support the body of the sleeper but it also helps to support the structure of the mattress. The polyfoam used in the layer also adds to the cooling aspect of the mattress as it does not trap heat inside the mattress. This helps to keep the mattress cool, especially during the hot season. This layer contrasts with the top memory foam layer to provide the mattress with its perfect feel.
- The third and the last layer of the mattress is called the foundation layer. This layer is 16.5 cm in height and it is made up of density support foam. This foam is quite dense as compared to the above layers of the mattress. The main feature of this layer is to provide the perfect structure to the mattress and to support the above layers.
Motion Isolation & Edge Support
The Simba and Eve mattress both have excellent motion isolation. The Eve mattress is made of memory foam which helps to isolate the motion transfer. On the contrary, the micro-coils used in the structure of the Simba mattress help to prevent motion transfer. Both the mattresses are quite efficient in motion isolation.
Edge support is very essential for a good mattress as you don’t want your mattress to sink when you are sitting on the edges. The edge support of Eve mattress is not an excellent one. This is the result of the all-foam construction of the mattress. The edge support is not bad either, you won’t fall off the mattress, but it is quite normal and some individuals might want better edge support.
The edge support of the Simba mattress is quite better when compared to the Eve mattress. This is the result of the micro-coils used in the construction of the mattress. The hybrid micro coils provide excellent support to the overall structure of the mattress. This is some amount of compression on the edges while sitting but it is lower when compared with the Eve mattress.
Simba vs Eve Firmness
The Simba mattress can be rated as 6 out of 10 on the firmness scale. This range indicates a firmness somewhere in between – not too firm but not too soft. As the structure of the Simba mattress is made with hybrid foams, it helps to provide a balanced firmness to the mattress. The latex and the memory foam work together to provide the right bounce to the mattress. The use of memory foam in the mattress limits the motion transfer and also provides the sleeper with the contour and hug.
The use of micro coils helps to make a transition between the two types of foams used. The micro coils also prevent too much sink. When calculating all the aspects of the mattress regarding the firmness and feel, the Simba mattress is quite supportive and it has a good bounce. The feel of the mattress is also cool as it does not absorb heat. The Simba mattress is the best for back sleepers and the side sleepers.
Eve The Original Mattress
The Eve mattress is rated to be 6.5-7 out of 10 on the firmness scale. The Eve mattress claims to be of the perfect firmness for every individual. The mattress falls on a more firm side. The Eve mattress is considered to be a bit more firm than the medium firmness mattresses. This mattress has less sinkage and hugs feel. It does not have a good bounce as well.
The combination of polyfoam and memory foam in the mattress provides it with a balanced feel. The Eve mattress has excellent cooling. The Eve mattress can be recommended to every individual. The mattress is also preferable for stomach sleepers as it does not have a lot of sinkages. The Eve mattress sinks slowly as it adjusts with the body. This allows providing comfort to the sleeper.
Simba vs Eve: Price, Shipping, and Warranty
The Eve and Simba mattresses are both available in many different sizes. There is a huge range of sizes available in both the brands as can be seen in the table above.
The prices of the mattresses are almost the same, there are only minor price differences. However, the prices of Eve mattress are comparatively lower than Simba mattress which makes it more budget-friendly.
Shipping & Warranty
|Shipping time||1-2 Days||1-3 Days|
|Trial||100 nights||100 nights|
|Warranty||10 years||10 years|
As both Eve and Simba mattress are online-based businesses, they deliver their products to their customers.
Once the order has been placed by the customer it takes 1-2 days for the Simba mattress to be delivered at the customer’s doorstep.
On the contrary Eve mattress delivers its mattresses within 1-3 days of the order. Both the mattress brands do not charge any shipping cost from their customers.
Simba and Eve’s mattress also provides a 100 night trial period to the customers. In case, the customers do not like the mattress they can return the mattress with a full refund.
The mattress brands also provide a 10-year warranty so the customers can get an exchange or refund if there is a manufacturing defect.
When comparing Simba vs Eve mattress, the prices, shipping, and warranty are almost the same. There is no prominent difference between the brands in these aspects.
Simba vs Eve Mattress - Conclusion
When comparing Simba vs Eve mattress it is the choice of the buyer. It depends on the preference of the buyer.
- The price of both the mattresses is almost the same leaving a few sizes as an exception.
- The trial, shipping, and warranty provided by both the brands are also the same.
- The firmness preferred by an individual is their personal choice and cannot be specifically recommended.
- The Eve mattress is rated to be 7 out of 10 on the preference scale while the Simba mattress is 6 out of 10.
- Simba is recommended to those who want a more hugged feel while Eve mattress claims to be perfect for every individual. However, Eve mattress is recommended for all kinds of sleepers.
- Both the mattresses are made of good quality and provide a comfortable experience to the sleepers.
- The only difference is the feel but there is no right or wrong as every individual has their preference. To include it can be said that it is a draw.
In case you want a more firm and an all-foam mattress, Eve is recommended.
However, if you want a hybrid feel and some bounce in the mattress it is recommended to opt for the Simba mattress. It is completely about personal preference.
Also, Read Our More Mattress Reviews
|Simba Company Information|
Company History: Simba was launched in 2015.
|Physical Stores: Simba does not operate any brick-and-mortar locations, but the mattress is sold in John Lewis furniture stores and other physical locations throughout the United Kingdom.|
Find Simba on Social:
|Eve Company Information|
|Company History: It was founded in 2014 and launched to the public in December 2014.|
|Physical Stores: If you prefer a more hands-on approach when buying your mattress, eve is now available to exclusively try in stores across the UK.|
Find Eve on Social: